- This event has passed.
Kundalini Yoga 101 – Workshop for Beginners with Saati
March 31, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
One event on March 31, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Kundalini Yoga 101 – Workshop for Beginners
Sunday | March 31st | 10:30am-12:30pm and 2pm-4pm | Register
If you’ve been wanting to learn more about Kundalini Yoga and the basic pillars of the practice, this is for you!
This 1-day course will provide a fantastic foundation to feel more confident about attending Kundalini Yoga classes and to experience the benefits of this ancient yogic medicine.
It’s perfect for total beginners and anyone who would like to learn more. Expect a fun, dynamic, powerful, healing, interactive day with Saati and fellow yogis!
Participants can register for one of both of the sessions below:
Morning Session | 10:30-12:30 | $30 pre-reg | $35 @ door
- What is Kundalini Yoga & why it is so effective for these times
- Mantras used in every class: Tune In, Protection Mantra, Sat Nam, Longtime Sun & more
- Basic Spinal Series Kriya: importance of a flexible spine
- Introduction to Sat Kriya and the Bandhas – Move the Kundalini energy through the Gates
- Kirtan Kriya: Mantra + Mudra + Meditation – most researched Kriya in Kundalini Yoga
- Deep Relaxation + Gong Therapy
Afternoon Session | 2-4pm | $30 pre-reg | $35 @ door
- Pillars of Pranayam: Breath is the MOST important self-healing tool. Includes intro to the Nadis (energy channels), segmented breaths, 1-minute breath, whistle breath, suspending the breath
- Breath of Fire Clinic: powerful pranayam with extensive benefits, pillar of Kundalini Yoga, it is integrated into endless asanas, meditations, and more
- Introduction to Subtle Anatomy: 8 Chakras + 10 ‘Bodies’ = Multidimensional Existence. We will discuss them and experience them through a meditative journey.
About the Instructor
Saati, a native Houstonian, became a certified Kundlini Yoga teacher in Portland, OR in the late 1990’s. By 2001, she began working for Yogi Bhajan in Espanola, NM. For 11 years, she lived in a spiritual community and served in the non-profits established and managed by Yogi Bhajan. Some of her duties included: Director of 3HO’s NGO/Representative to the United Nations, Director of International Peace Prayer Day and the Peace Cereal Grant Philanthropy, Director of Community and Public Relations, President and Vice President of Interfaith LEAP (a local faith based nonprofit) and other positions along the way. Recently, she created an eco-friendly design company and became a consultant for doTerra Essential Oils. Saati offers a transformational approach to teaching. She focuses a great deal on the breath, naad yoga (chanting) and meditation. She is grateful to return to her Texan roots and become fast friends with the unique and beloved Kundalini Yoga community in Houston.