- This event has passed.
AKAL Circle | Free the Souls
March 4, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Akal Circle | Free the Souls
Sunday | March 4th | 10am-12pm | Donation Event
You are most warmly invited to join us in a sacred, yogic practice intended to support the process of death and grief. While this topic and experience is challenging to say the least, we all experience it. And, thanks to Yogi Bhajan to shared a yogic technology to help us process it and be helpful to those that pass on.
As many know, we chant the mantra AKAL – undying/deathless when a soul has left their body temple. Usually, we chant it 5 times. However, there is a special meditation when AKAL is chanted for 31-minutes to bless the entire life of the soul – to cover the karmas. It is particularly helpful when the death was of a violent or unexpected nature.
In addition, it provides an opportunity for those left behind to “do” something if they feel the need to engage with that soul or souls. To process the physical death and send them into the Infinity from which they originated.
It will provide a time and space for us to unite in love and be with each other and FOR each other.
- Sunday, March 4th 10am – Noon
- We we hold a 31-minute Akal meditation where EVERYONE will be invited to participate.
- It will be held in the Gurdwara – upstairs at Yoga Central.
- Everyone MUST wear a head covering.
- Everyone is encouraged to bring a photograph or symbol of that soul/s and place it on the altar as we chant.
- It is by donation. The donations will fund a new porch swing where we can gather in silence or community in memory of our loved ones.
- We will have a vegetarian potluck afterward to share a hand made meal.
- For more information, contact email@example.com